- Digital Volt Meter or Test Light
- Flat head/Phillips head Screwdriver
- Wire Cutters
- Wire Strippers
- Wire Crimpers
- Electrical Tape
- These instructions expect you to be wiring the module in at a console switch that only operates the step cover. If you have a central interface that operates multiple devices you will need to use the motor side install instructions here.
The kit comes with spades and butt connectors to assist in the install. You most likely will not use all of the provided connectors.
- Locate the step cover switch and remove the switch/panel to access the wires on the back of the switch.
- Confirm which wires are the 12v power and ground wires. Attach the ground to the black wire on the module and the 12v wire to the red wire on the module.
- Find the wires going from the switch to the motor and remove them from the switch.
Attach a single blue wire from the module to one wire going to the motor. Then attach the other blue wire to the remaining motor wire. You may attach these via the spade connectors or use the butt connectors if needed.
- Attach a single orange wire from the module to the switch. Then attach the other orange wire from the module to the remaining spot on the switch.
- Before taping up your connections and reassembling everything, you need to test it to verify that it all works properly. If the cover goes down when it should go up or up when it should go down, simply swap how the orange wires are connected and it will change the direction.
- If you used the butt connectors, tape them and their connections from both ends of the module. Place the module inside the console in a way that it is not hanging from the connections. It may be necessary to use a zip tie to hold it in place. The module is shock and weather resistant, the only concern is your connections being pulled loose.
- If you are having any trouble with your installation, please feel free to Contact Us.